Spring is coming…?
It may not seem like it, but spring in just around the corner. It is time to start thinking about all the things you will need to get done as the weather starts to warm. Spring cleaning can help you get organized and also maintain your home to assure you don’t end up with bigger problems.
Start inside while the weather is still cold. Here are some ideas of things to work on this spring to get the house in order.
- Clean faucets and shower heads to remove mineral deposits
- Clean out closets – keep only what you still wear or use, and either donate or throw the rest away
- Declutter other areas of the home – home office, piles of school work
- Pantry – get rid of out of date food or things you will not use
- Check your smoke alarm and carbon dioxide detector batteries
- Clean out the dryer vent
Spring cleaning can help us get through this last part of winter by giving us something different to focus on. Set a goal for getting the house in order. Focus on your goal and it will take your mind off the weather outside.
As the weather outside starts to get a little warmer, there are a number of things that can be done to maintain the house. Here are some outside ideas to start on when you see the sun come out!
- Take down any Christmas decoration still up
- Clean the gutters
- Check for peeling paint and caulk around windows
- Power wash the patio or deck
- Wash outside furniture and get the grill ready to go
- Wash exterior windows
- Clean up the gardens
- Make sure your lawn mower is ready for use
- Organize the garage with easy access to summer necessities
You can make spring chores more enjoyable by adding some decorating to your list. There are many spring decorations out in the stores that you can add to your newly decluttered home to bring a bit of spring inside. If you are a crafty person, you may want to think of some projects to do on your own to celebrate the warm weather. A spring wreath on the door or new mantle decorations will help change the look in your home. Be creative and the new décor will brighten up your mood.
Winter is holding on but soon the warmer weather will be back. You can start enjoying outdoor activities if you get a jump on spring chores that need to be done. Being a homeowner can sometimes feel like another job. Setting up small lists to be done each weekend can make the chores seem doable. Once the list is complete, sit back and enjoy Spring.